Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Slice 1: Feeling Good in My Own Skin

So, first of all I just wanted to thank all of you for all of your kind comments on my first post. I feel like I had a proper welcome into the blogging world and I am ready to take on the pressure that comes with the task of writing for an audience. I have thought long and hard about what my first slice of happiness should be.

I decided to dig deep and get personal so brace yourselves.......

I have recently had an experience that made me realize that I truly feel good in my own skin. Before I explain that let's go on a little walk down memory lane.

This is me when I was about three or four years old. I love this picture because I look so happy and innocent.

Then the older I got the harder life got. It sounds cheesy but it is the truth. In junior high and high school I lacked a lot of self confidence and I was just so ready for that time in my life to be over.

Here I am with my sweet parents right before my high school graduation two years ago. I look so happy but to be honest I was really scared for the future.



Then I had the wonderful opportunity to attend Mesa Community College. It was scary and hard but that experience changed my life. I learned so much about myself and truly discovered who I am.

This is me on my 19th birthday last year. I think this is really when I began to be happy with myself!



It is a wonderful feeling to say that  I am so very happy to be me! I don't want to be anyone else but myself. I have always struggled with being my true self around people that I don't know but I have finally broken out of my shell and I am comfortable with myself.

I have a lot of change going on in my life right now and so this event that helped me discover my true self  couldn't have happened at a better time. In approximately 77 days (not that I am counting or anything) I will be headed up to Provo, Utah to attend Brigham Young University.

Me and my brother (who is coming up to the Y with me) in our Cougar Blue!

 The fact that I know that I feel good in my own skin makes me so happy because I know that it will help me make new friends in Utah and have fun!

In Front of My Future Home in Provo!

                                                     
It is a wonderful feeling to feel good about yourself! I know this is a little deep for a second post but I hope that all of you feel good in your own skin and that you are happy to be you!

Thank you for reading!

Always Remember to Smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment